[this space intentionally left blank]

6.24.2005

my new job

i will be the LAN manager (the only one in the department) at the Buffalo County Courthouse in kearney -- 1.25 hrs from home. the current LAN manager is going back to school and will be there until the end of july, so i'll have 5 weeks of training from him. my contract starts july 1, but i'll start monday (and will get the extra days as vacation!). i went in to work on tuesday morning already to talk about budget needs for next year with every county office. everyone really likes the guy i'm replacing, which is awesome! it's been 5 years since i've worked for people who liked the IT department. a kick-ass laptop has been ordered for me -- a 4-lb dell with the newest of everything in it. i'll have wireless access everywhere in the city limit (since i'll do some work with them too). i'll get a cell phone and will officially be in charge of 24/7 support, but another guy will help me out alot with that.


my new home

i'm moving into my duplex on saturday. i imagined that i would move into an apartment and get really ancy to move into something that feels like my own place. well...i'm just skipping the apartment part. :) i'll have an attached garage, two stories, a huge deck. it's at the end of a caldesack (sp?) and the neighbors seem really cool. there were kids playing on the street and no fences, so it seems really safe. my sister lives about a mile away and it's about 10 blocks from work. it's definitely surrounded by city, but i can see a cornfield from my deck!! :) the only problem i can think of is that a washer and dryer aren't included, but i'll have them before long.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home