[this space intentionally left blank]

6.15.2007

i was thinking tonight about how stupid moths are. they always fly towards light -- whether it be from the headlights of a car racing down the interstate or a porch light. and before long, they're dead.

then it occurred to me...they race for what they're drawn to. us humans are drawn to something (or rather someone) as well. but too often, we go for the quick fixes and short cuts, which never satisfy long term. so maybe i'm not much smarter than a moth.

i'm not ready to say moths aren't stupid, but i certainly have a different perspective now!

2 Comments:

  • At 6/20/2007 04:32:00 AM, Blogger becky said…

    That's a really cool thought, dear T-zip. Thanks for sharing it! :)

     
  • At 6/25/2007 01:32:00 PM, Blogger Karen said…

    ::nods:: I had a similar revelation once. There was a moth in our garage flying at the window when the door was a few feet away. I tried to catch him to set him free, but he kept flying at the window. So I said to him (yes, I talk to animals, even bugs) "Look, just get on my finger and I'll take you outside. Trust me." And believe it or not (but it's true) he hopped on my finger and I took him to the open door where he flew away to freedom.

    It made me think of the way we so often go after what we think is best for us while God is right next to us saying "Look, just jump onto my hand and I'll take you where you really want to be. Trust me."

    Moths. They've got lessons for us ;-)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home