[this space intentionally left blank]

3.01.2003

jan 20 and beyond

on jan 20 (mlk day), something happened to me... there were some health issues i had been dealing with for about 4 months. it was a temporary problem that was lasting longer than usual, so i had a test on jan 17 (the friday before) to see if i had any permanent damage. it was one of those tests that i had to be completely cleaned out for - not the most fun experience by any means. the nurses told me as i left that the results looked good, unofficially of course. on jan 20, i ate my 1st meal of substance for 5 days and i felt great! i barely stopped eating at all that day (and for a few days after that - thankfully i had lost weight during these 4 months, so i was just regaining some of it back). everything tasted so good! i felt better physically than i ever remember feeling! that day, God started showing me many things and i has high on Him as i had never been before. this lasted for about 2 weeks. (He also performed some miracles on me physically.) He was teaching me many things that i wanted to share with all my friends and others too, but there just wasn't enough time. (this is one of the reasons i started blogging.)

usually these types of highs happen to a person because they've been spending alot of time with God or were somehow spiritually impacted by an event around them. but the only thing that happened in the days leading up to jan 20 was the fact that i felt amazing physically. this really bothered me for awhile. don't get me wrong - i was really thankful for it. it's just that i want to be high on God because i've spent alot of time with Him or finally gave Him a part of my life that was stressing me out. i didn't want it to be because of something that happened to my physical body. i wanted my spiritual "actions" to influence my relationship with God. i wanted it to be because i was so immersed in Him, that my life couldn't help but change. this sounds awfully conceited now that i put it into written word, but in the days preceeding this i hadn't spent much time with God at all. so why would He pick a time like this to bless me in this way?

one night i was talking to someone about how much this bothered me and she thought it made perfect sense. she reminded me that our spirituality is comprised of our whole being - soul, spirit, mind, and body. i guess God "took advantage" of me feeling good spiritually and opened my eyes to some things because of it. it still bothers me a bit when i think about it, but my understanding is increasing in that it's really all about God. if He knows that we'll listen to what He has to say, He'll reveal Himself. He takes every opportunity He can to teach us, especially when we're open to it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home