[this space intentionally left blank]

5.20.2003

random stuff

everytime i go home i realize that i could never endure city traffic on a daily basis. somehow between my trips to nebraska, i forget this.

a random quote that i heard on one of the afternoon radio shows:
if you tell God you'll do the things you can for Him, He'll do what He can for you. (loosely qtd) --joyce meyer

on my drive to NE this weekend, i thought alot about the fact that i speed frequently. i don't do it excessively - often just 5 over the speed limit, but nonetheless, i am breaking the law. as a christian, shouldn't i hold myself to a high enough standard to obey all the laws of the land? on the way home through oklahoma city, traffic was going 10 mph over the speed limit. i would have been a major hazard if i had obeyed the law. so what's the right thing to do in that situation - obey the law like a good citizen or go with the flow? on a slightly different note, my thirst for adrenaline sometimes takes over while i'm driving. it's alot more fun to speed, weaving in and out of traffic, than to just go with the flow. the sad truth is that i am glad i don't have anything on the exterior of my car that signifies my christianity. that way when i get caught up in the energy of city driving, it doesn't hurt my witness. i hate how that sounds, but it's true. what i should do is put a christian bumper sticker or some other symbol on my car and try to obey the law more often...we'll see i guess.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home