[this space intentionally left blank]

11.06.2005

and this is why i don't talk to my family very often

i missed 3 calls from a family member today. after trying to call her back a few times, i finally got through and this is what i got:

me: hey!
her: so...what do you think? [about my sister's engagement last night]
me: i think it's great!
her: are you going to wear a dress?
me: i will wear whatever my sister wants me to wear. it's her day, not mine.
her: mmm...[hesitates while trying to change the subject]...how is your mother going to pay for this?
me: uh...i don't know.
her: she doesn't have much money right now. i suppose we'll have to help her out with that. or you could. she's paying off some of your loans, ya know.
me: that's just how it is. i got as many loans as i could in my name. she helped me out by getting a few under her name without any complaints or hesitation.
her: o, ok then. well, i'll talk to you later. bye.

i was surprised at the abruptness. she's always been the type to have long conversations with me on the phone. but this time it seemed like her only intention was to shoot me down.

i wish my family could simply be happy for my sister and her fiancee for at least 12 hrs before stressing about the wedding. there will be plenty of time to do that later.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home