[this space intentionally left blank]

12.16.2006

i'm proud of my mennonite heritage. of my ancestors, who sacrificed everything for their beliefs. who refused to compromise those beliefs to blend into the surrounding societies. who were forced to flee several countries because of that stubborness.

i'm proud of my siblings. of my sister, who is using her brilliance to get a doctorate, which will be used to help those in need. of my brother-in-law, who is a wonderful husband and a really responsible guy. who is doing well in his new career. of my brother, who has a great attitude while dealing with the many struggles in his life. (i can't wait to see him thriving in a few years!)

i'm proud to be a farm kid, where i was forced to learn the value of hard work and the value of a dollar at a young age.

i'm proud to be a nebraskan. where family, generosity, courtesy, and the simple life are valued more than in other places i've lived.

i'm proud to work in the public sector, where the primary goal is service and not simply making money. and that most of my immediate and extended family also work in the public sector.

i'm proud to be on a first-name basis with the leaders of my county and city governments. that i am involved in significant decisions with these leaders. that i get to help with the elections.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home