[this space intentionally left blank]

9.07.2008

Quite a bit has happened since I last posted...

In June my cousin got married in Colorado. It was a neat ceremony at a gorgeous location (see below). The wedding colors were camo and pink and the guys were planning to go skydiving as the bachlor party (but it was too windy). It was a breath of fresh air to be around people that live life like that!















The day before the wedding, my cousin and his friends taught my brother, uncle, and I how to repel! Now I have another sport to satisfy my internal adrenaline-junkie! :)




















In July, I decided I was spending too much of my life at Cabela's and quit my position there. I'm really enjoying the new-found freedoms that I previously took for granted!

In August, I drove to Cedar Rapids with Brianna and Abbi for Cassie's wedding. It was wonderful to renew and further develop friendships with the LU crowd! I miss those people so much!

The next weekend, I moved to a different rental in town. My new place has a lot of character (including teal and lime-green shag carpet) and a lot more windows than my old place!

Six days later, Tobin and I moved into our new offices at the courthouse. From fraying orange carpet that we constantly tripped on to beautiful new modern carpet. From a make-shift work bench with no storage to a built-in bench with more storage than I know what to do with. It's wonderful!

Last week, the Husker football season began. I don't expect us to be amazing, but it's refreshing to have the traditions and, more importantly, hope back in the program! I'm excited to see what AD Tom Osborne and Coach Bo Palini do with the team.

This weekend, my brother's senior football season began. Most of last year's starters graduated and we switched to 8-man so we're unelligible for the playoffs, but it should be a good season anyway. He is starting on offense at split end and on defense at defensive back.

2 Comments:

  • At 10/18/2008 10:26:00 AM, Blogger sarah said…

    I've always wanted to go sky-diving.
    I really wanted to go to Cassie's wedding too :-(
    Last night I saw some guys throwing around the football and I simply HAD to interject myself into the fray - to satiate my adrenaline/football desires. Unfortunately, I sprained my middle finger. I guess that means I should stop typing now :-)
    miss you.

     
  • At 1/19/2009 08:10:00 PM, Blogger Deb said…

    Camo wedding? What a great idea!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home