[this space intentionally left blank]

2.13.2003

for the last few days my brain has been running in safe mode (important components weren't accessable) with intermittent freezes and blue screens of death even then. i guess sleep deprivation will do that to a person. after a long nap earlier today, i'm much better. :)

one of my goals for this semester was to try harder to live a balanced life. i haven't done too bad thus far. last semester i played way too much solitare, hung out with people quite a bit, and didn't get any sleep. i'm alot busier now, so it's very necessary to prioritize my time better. i haven't played any solitare and i do more of my homework during the day. i haven't even been doing too bad with getting enough sleep, except this week...

while i've done well with my goal, i've been wondering if it needs to be adjusted. i haven't had as many conversations that really make me think about life, God, and my beliefs...i had those all the time last semester (which was a major reason of why i didn't get any sleep). so in a sense, this semester i'm focusing more on immediate things (homework, sleep, etc) and less on what's eternally important - if i try harder to take care of myself i'll be in a better mood and be able to function better, but won't necessarily be focusing as much on the people around me. in another sense, the better i do in my classes, the better i will be at my job after graduation (theoretically anyways), which will make me a better witness then. i wish there was a specific formula i could follow to find the exact balance, but alas...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home