[this space intentionally left blank]

11.29.2004

2 weekends ago, i sold my almost-brand-new tires off my storm to a married-student couple on campus. we took our cars to discount tire (where i bought the tires) to have the tires remounted on our rims. to make a long story short, the worker that backed my car out of the bay bought my car last monday. so by the time everyone finishes paying me, i'll receive double the trade-in value for a totalled car. God's pretty crazy like that.

on wednesday i caught a ride home with some friends and picked up my new car. it didn't take long at all to fall in love with it. :) mom was right - it drives like a new car, except that the clutch doesn't stick. that said, i've been in a vehicle entirely too much lately, even if it's mostly been in my new car. it almost seems like i've become bored with driving, but i think it's more that i'm tired of being alone with my thoughts. at least on campus, i can fill my mind with homework, the rest of the crap i have to do, and other stuff i should be doing. but while i'm away, i don't have any of that to distract myself with.

like yesterday, i spent most of the day trying to focus my mind on something. it took forever to read magazine articles and the few other things i tried. finally i just gave up and took a nap. so now i've tried to read every magazine in the house and am not tired. i really don't want to do any homework this weekend, but i don't think i would get anything done even if i tried. man, christmas is going to drive me crazy - 3 weeks of little to do.

i half-way wish i was graduated and was settled in my new life. i don't want to leave letourneau and all the people i know there. i don't look forward to the process of finding a job and making all the decisions that go along with moving to a new place. i just want to get it all over with and be settled somewhere. i want to finally get my life started.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home