[this space intentionally left blank]

3.24.2003

michael w. smith - i know your name

"....
all alone, you tears call out into the night
is He there?
does He care?

yes I know your name
every prayer you pray
I'm the One who brought you to this place
the Voice who sings to you
the Hand that clings to you
o My child, I've always known your name
known your name...

I hold you close to Me, close to heart
and this kind of love will find you anywhere you are
never fear, I am here"


today i made a rather large decision that directly affected at least six people besides myself. i prayed alot about it and sought the advice of many. i frequently get a direct, specific answer from God, which didn't happen this time. but He definitely led me to the right people to discuss this with and He undeniably spoke through each of them (even though they seemed to give opposing advice at the time). i was baffled by the patience of those who depended on what i chose. those that were hoping i would have decided the other option were amazingly understanding. they seemed to know it was God's will and even complimented me on how i dealt with it. as a by-product of this decision, i gained still more Godly friends to seek advice from.

i realized how stressful this time of year is: roommates/apt-mates to choose for next year, summer plans to finalize (or in my case, to begin thinking about), classes to catch up in, and projects to finish. besides all of that, most of us students know some good friends who are graduating. i want to spend as much time with these individuals (and all of my friends for that matter) as possible, because i might not see them again in this life. trying to balance all of this has been really stressing me out. but as i heard the song quoted above tonight, i received a much-needed reminder that God is always there, listening to every prayer and holding us close.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home