[this space intentionally left blank]

4.06.2003

have you ever seen a man stumble and fallen
all due to his pride
i don't want to be another one
fallen due to my pride

take my pride away, pride away
take my pride away

....

standing here amidst this point of definition
pushing for position as i battle opposition
am i on a mission or is it all in vain
do you notice a difference or is it all the same

and who do i blame when my vision gets blurry i
get in a hurry frustrated and feeling fury
faith is endruring to stand the test of time
answers are plain we make them hard to define

but pull from divine when problems arise
but pride denies and my stand never survives
in every one of our lives in every single day
we need to lay down our pride as God takes it away --kutless, "pride away"



yeah, so God's been teaching me alot about pride lately... it has always bothered me when people do things for me that i'm perfectly capable of doing on my own. i grew up on the farm and i was the hired man for 6 years. i lifted weights for 8 years, worked construction for 2, and at a lumberyard for 2. i am strong enough to lift computers (even 19" monitors, contrary to popular belief...), capable of driving my own car, have enough money to pay for my own meals...the list goes on and on. i realize that people don't to do these things for me because they think i can't do them on my own - often they just want to be nice and help me out.

another pride struggle i've noticed lately is that little makes my day more than having a guy tell me, "wow, you're really good at ______." i look forward to competing against guys at certain things, merely for the satisfaction that they might see that a girl can beat them.

i'm kinda nervous because God has been pointing these things out to me so much lately that i have a feeling He's preparing me for an experience where i'll need alot of humbleness. but recently God has shown me that i'm not alone in this. a week ago and then again last night, one of my friends just randomly started telling me about her struggles with pride. then it happened again tonight with another one of my friends. we talked for over 3 hours about it! i don't like it that my friends are struggling with these things, but it sure is nice to know that i'm not alone in the things that i deal with.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home