[this space intentionally left blank]

10.03.2003

"God ordains our mistakes"    --a good friend of mine

i was ticked at God for allowing me to make the series of mistakes that lead up to me accidently calling dad. but the week after that, God used a series of someone else's mistakes to benefit me. let's just say that i lost something. it didn't cost much, but i didn't want to go through the hassle of replacing it. well, because of a mistake i made, it ended up among someone else's belongings. then that person made a series of mistakes that allowed me to find what i had lost.

this further confirmed to me that God is in control -- something that i have always known, but often have trouble believing. for a reason that is beyond me, he allowed me to make mistakes that lead to something tramatic and stressful. then he caused someone else to mess up which benefitted me. (the stress and benefit were definitely not on the same scale, but God still illustrated the point nicely.)

to further this point, i read a forward today about how many people were late to work at the twin towers on 9-11. they were stuck in traffic, missed the bus, stopped to buy a band-aid, answering a last-minute phone call at home, etc -- all things that annoy us. God revealed to a good friend of mine this summer that He "ordains our mistakes." i didn't understand that for a long time, but after the last few weeks i'm definitely starting to grasp this concept.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home